Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We’re looking for experienced ad ops professionals looking to be a part of a global advertising team with aggressive sales goals and expanding responsibilities. Our responsibilities are divided into two distinct areas: ad revenue and ad technologies.
From a revenue perspective, the objective of Ad Operations is to support Twitch's revenue functions by fulfilling IOs in the exact fashion of which they are sold. This involves scheduling, flighting, prioritizing, optimizing, and tracking line items and creative assets for all media in the ad server. We monitor inventory availability and make behind the scenes optimizations throughout campaigns to ensure each campaign fulfills our commitments to agencies and advertisers.
From a technology perspective, Ad Operations is responsible for understanding the complexities of our proprietary ad server and how it functions within Twitch's ad serving ecosystem affecting teams from sales to biz dev and partnerships. We understand the nuances of each of the major third party vendors including DCM, Sizmek, and Innovid, and others. We navigate each unique reporting platform and ensure that billable numbers are in line with internal numbers. We're responsible for voicing sales and operational challenges in regards to new and existing ad products. We're responsible for visual and ad experience QA, ensuring a positive user experience.
As a Technical Operations Lead in Singapore, you’ll represent a technical bridge between the APAC Advertising team and your counterparts in San Francisco, London, Bangalore, and Sydney. You will be the primary escalation point for all technical matters from Ad Operations, escalating to product and engineering teams at Twitch and Amazon. You’ll document and educate Ad Operations on technical investigations and findings. You will have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and are able to switch between non-technical Advertising roles and Engineers who need specific diagnostic information with ease. You will be expected to have a high level of autonomy as the only person in the region with this role, able to prioritize region specific issues and navigate a complex technical infrastructure in support of the larger APAC Advertising team initiatives.
- Subject matter expert on technical specifications of Twitch’s ad serving ecosystem across web, mobile, console, and OTT, acting as a liaison for technical issues between Advertising, Product, and Engineering teams.
- Validate bugs, escalating revenue critical issues to relevant Twitch and Amazon resources, and driving to a resolution.
- Documenting, training, and educating cross functional teams on technical matters including industry trends and internal projects.
- Support and communicate technical operations efforts on a global scale, supporting direct sales efforts based out of North America, EMEA, APAC, and LaAm.
- 3+ years in technical operations/online media.
- 4+ years in working experience
- Deep knowledge and experience with video ad serving.
- Deep understanding of VAST specs and troubleshooting.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with 3rd party ad serving vendors such as DCM, Sizmek, MOAT, Double Verify, Innovid, comScore, Nielsen and IAS.
- Able to navigate technical conversations with roles varying from sales directors to engineers and everyone in between.
- Able to debug ad network requests and responses via browser console or a debugging proxy such as Charles or Wireshark.
- Experienced and knowledgeable of the Twitch platform and Twitch advertising experience.
- Experience leveraging SQL or other query language to manage large amounts of data.
- Experience troubleshooting and testing new third party ad serving technology, such as viewability, audience verification, and attribution tracking.
- Experience navigating technical issues of large scale and complex technical infrastructure with a history of driving issues to resolution.
- Medical Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.