Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Data is central to Twitch’s decision-making process, and analysts are an important component to promote data-driven decisions in all of our operations. As an analyst at Twitch, you will be on the ground floor with your team, shaping the way product performance is measured, defining what questions should be asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high-quality, high velocity decisions for your team.
For this role, we’re looking for an experienced product analyst who will help develop the strategy and evaluate product initiatives within our Interactive Studio team. As Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment, the interactive studio team is at the very heart of that vision, creating interactive experiences for Twitch’s Original Content such as Rivals and Thursday Night Football and advertising clients interactive ad campaigns. Reporting to the Director of Creator Analytics, you will define and track goals, support strategic initiatives, design experiments, implement data instrumentation, and inform on investment. You are a “full-stack” data powerhouse who uses data to drive decisions to make the best products for our creators and their communities. You will work closely with business/strategy managers, product managers, engineering, and organization leadership within and outside of the Interactive Studio organization.
- Inform business and product strategies by defining and updating core metrics for each initiative
- Establish analytical framework for your team: ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools to surface key data to partners
- Evaluate and forecast impact of product features on creators, viewers, and the entire Twitch ecosystem
- Design experiments to drive product direction with iterative innovation and measurement
- Dive deep into the data to understand how creator and viewer behaviors change with the evolution of our product and strategy
- Own data collection and product instrumentation implementation and quality assurance
- Work with business, product, engineering, and design to influence and inform teammates’ decisions throughout the initiative lifecycle
- 3+ years of analytics experience in a consumer internet business, or in a high-velocity, high-growth product or business unit
- Expert fluency in SQL-based data manipulation
- Experience building aggregates and optimizing data workstreams
- Experience designing and assessing impact of experiments in a product development cycle
- High level of comfort creating dashboards in Tableau or comparable software
- Technical background and programming experience–especially R or Python
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques
- Experience building data products
- Passion about online communities, games, and Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.