Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. Every part of the work we do is with the goal of making Twitch even more efficient and responsive.
We are growing our infrastructure worldwide and are looking for a strategic network planner and sourcing manager who can help grow the Twitch Network.
The Twitch Global Network Planning & Acquisition team is directly involved and responsible for the strategy, acquisition, implementation, and management of business relationships with strategic vendors and partners to expand Twitch's footprint across the world. This includes finding solutions to Twitch's ongoing needs for data center capacity; work with network carriers to obtain capacity for expansion and growth of Twitch's global backbone; and meet the operational sourcing requirements for new services.
This role is suited for someone looking to work with multinational companies on a global scale, who is excited by growth and is willing to improve or establish new processes where there is none. You will report to the Director of Network Acquisitions.
This position is available for Seattle WA, Salt Lake City UT and Portland OR.
- Lead projects, help set vision by creating strategic roadmaps and identify locations to help grow the Twitch data center and network footprint across the globe
- Develop strategic long-term relationships with datacenter and network operators for efficient and scalable delivery of Twitch content to users
- Identify, negotiate and close contracts covering colocation, transport services (lit waves and metro dark fiber assets) and paid IP services (including Internet Exchange).
- Communicate progress internally and work with several teams across the organization including product and business development, legal, datacenter operations and deployment
- Manage tracking, reporting and measuring dashboard and metrics
- Manage capacity planning and evolution of data center, backbone network and IP strategy
- Manage/create new processes/documentation with our teams
- 5+ years of Internet infrastructure work including technical and commercial knowledge of internet providers, telecommunications providers, internet exchange points, datacenter providers
- Experience interpreting contracts and other legal documents
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship management experience
- Understanding of technical business development aspects including: Infrastructure, market pricing, capacity availability and colocation providers
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.