Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
You will join the team that is shaping the Creator experience on Twitch through exciting new products that streamers will use to transform their broadcasts into high-quality multiplayer experiences, like Twitch Studio and the next generation of real-time creator analytics.
We are looking for a senior technology program owner who can drive complex programs and has experience delivering scalable products with teams who own them end-to-end. You will report to the Manager of Creator Technical Program Management at Twitch. You will have sound technical judgment and a passion for driving teams inside and outside the organization to deliver large-scale products that delight millions of creators and viewers around the globe.
- Own and drive process to plan, prioritize, and deliver new products, features, maintenance, or deprecating systems that are no longer needed. These efforts require you to work with multiple teams in or across product/engineering/design organizations.
- Refine and eliminate excess process. Influence teams to decouple from dependencies and eliminate architecture problems that stifle innovation or cause user dissatisfaction, development collisions, or outages.
- Provide technical transparency through clear and concise summaries for the programs you own to a wide range of audiences including Directors and VPs. Foster a constructive dialogue, harmonize discordant views, and lead the resolution of contentious issues.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical manager, program, developer lead, or equivalent
- A knack for being a simplifier. You judiciously add, refine, and remove procedures. By applying project management best practices, you increase the productivity and effectiveness of the teams you work with.
- An understanding of the architecture of the systems you work with (e.g., workflows, APIs, runtime characteristics, design limitations, and maintenance requirements). You influence team technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions.
- The ability to plan for the unexpected, making sure that systems (upstream and downstream) are not broken by changes related to the efforts you manage. You plan to make sure projects deliver without wearing out key individuals and system maintainability (and ability to evolve) is not compromised.
- Experience launching post-launch support plans
- Partnered with senior engineers, product managers, and other peers across organizations to deliver the right things.
- Experience mentoring and developing fellow team members
- Experience with high-traffic consumer-facing applications
- Understanding of streaming, real-time analytics, or online entertainment
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in software / web development
- Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discounts
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily, Free Snacks & Beverages.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.