Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
You will be part of the team at Twitch focused on the performance and stability of our network and video systems. This team owns the beating heart of Twitch’s Video Platform Live Operations and is staffed 24/7, 365 days a year. You will work with every aspect of the Twitch video platform to provide this stability. You will be a first responder to anything that might impact the network or video systems, allowing the best possible experience for Twitch users.
This will include process automation, regular maintenance, troubleshooting, and reliability improvements. Using monitoring to remain aware of issues that require your attention, and solving problems. You will promote operational best practices within Twitch. Your actions will keep the heart and soul of Twitch smoothly humming around the clock, delivering video to our tens of millions of users.
- Automate existing manual processes
- Troubleshoot network and video operations issues
- Manage and coordinate incident response
- Create and maintain documentation around process and workflow
- Monitor graph analytics to identify potential problem areas
- Influence and drive adoption of operational best practices
- Manage and operate systems across different technology stacks
- Perform daily, routine, and complex system administration/maintenance
- Ensure continued smooth operations of the global network infrastructure
- Participate in 24/7/365 shift work
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years experience as a Network or Systems Engineer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to participate in 24/7/365 shift work
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.)
- Lunch Served Four Times a Week
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.