Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a hands-on leader with excellent operational accounting and accounting transformation skills to lead our Accounts Payable team. You will not only oversee month-end close GL and payment operations responsibilities, but also lead the design, implementation, and evolution of change strategies and plans to inspire and motivate stakeholders to embrace the changes that are required to move Twitch's business forward and support our complexity at scale.
You will report to the Senior Director of Accounting, manage a team of five individuals, and partner with multiple department leaders. You will have experience working in high-growth public company environments and scaling accounting workflows through system implementation, automation, and shared services. Responsibilities include:
- Lead and coach the Accounts Payable team.
- Set the short, medium and long-term strategy for your team (people, process and systems) including automation and shared services roll-out.
- Oversee your team's month-end close including reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, flux analysis, and SOX controls.
- Oversee end-to-end process ownership to support finance and multiple department leaders.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to accounting transformation projects including the implementation of SAP's procurement module.
- Design accounting policies and SOX internal controls, ensure procedures are documented and SOPs are updated.
- Oversee that vendor invoices and employee expense reports are processed timely and accurately.
- Ensure compliance with income tax classification, withholding tax, use tax and tax reporting.
- Provide support for audits.
- Value collaboration and take on ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. A CPA license is preferred.
- At least 10 years related work and operational accounting experience. A background working in multinational media, tech, entertainment, or Fortune 500 companies is preferred.
- At least 5 years of progressive management experience with a proven track record of leading and developing high performing teams.
- Excellent accounting and operational skills with a strong understanding of GAAP and SOX controls. Shared service experience is preferred.
- Make sound independent decisions and know when to escalate matters.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and are comfortable analyzing large datasets to make informed conclusions.
- History of solving multiple complex operational and accounting challenges.
- Team leadership--influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution.
- Natural propensity for organization and a curiosity for information technology.
- Excellent project management skills with prior system implementation experience.
- You embrace and advocate the Twitch culture and values.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily in office
- Free Snacks & Beverages in office
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.