Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. Every part of the work we do is with the goal of making Twitch even more efficient and responsive.
We are growing our infrastructure worldwide and are looking for a Senior Manager, Network Acquisitions to lead a group of individuals on a global scale.
The Twitch Global Network Planning & Acquisition team is directly involved and responsible for the strategy, acquisition, implementation, and management of business relationships with strategic vendors and partners to expand Twitch's footprint across the world. This includes finding solutions to Twitch's ongoing needs for data center capacity; work with network carriers to obtain capacity for expansion and growth of Twitch's global backbone; and meet the operational sourcing requirements for new services.
This role is suited for someone looking to work with multinational companies on a global scale. You will combine your managerial skills with a deep market knowledge and tech industry savvy to find solutions that support Twitch's growth. You will report to the Director of Network Acquisitions.
This position is available for Seattle WA, Salt Lake City UT and Portland OR.
- Lead a team to build and maintain strategic long-term relationships with Datacenter vendors, ISPs, carriers and operators for effective, efficient and scalable delivery of Twitch content to users.
- Hire, develop and lead a team of technical professionals which oversee overall tools and contracts in the Infrastructure space
- Develop the strategy for the Twitch Global Infrastructure
- Overall responsibility for identifying, negotiating and closing contracts covering colocation, fiber and transport services
- Communicating progress internally and work with several internal teams including product and business development, legal, network architecture and deployment
- Identify and manage performance targets for major vendors servicing Twitch
- Partner with the leadership team to identify strategic trends in Twitch
- Track, report and measure
- 10+ years of Internet infrastructure work including technical and commercial knowledge of internet providers, telecommunications providers, internet exchange points, datacenter providers
- 4+ years of Management experience leading teams across multiple locations
- Experience interpreting contracts and other legal documents
- Experience with domestic and global carrier networks.
- Understanding of technical business development aspects including: Infrastructure, market pricing, capacity availability and colocation providers
- Experience working with senior executives and other management within a company and working across commercial, technical, domestic, and international arms of an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.