Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is a leader in the world of streaming media. We are expanding our infrastructure management team and are looking for a technology manager with experience in people management, technical understanding and the drive and vision to take Twitch datacenter operations to the next level.
You have experience managing people with varying skills, tracking and controlling budgets, creating strategies, mentoring people in all levels, sponsoring projects and proposing technical solutions.
- Manage a diverse global team of data technicians with varying skills
- Manage and deliver deployment and augment projects throughout the globe
- Prioritize and assign trouble tickets to datacenter technicians and operators
- Manage daily ticket queue
- Respond to high severity incidents
- Coordinate change management resources
- Guide, train and educate data staff on the best practices related to all service owner issues
- Recommend, document, and oversee policies and procedures to meet industry best practices and to meet required SLAs
- Provide weekly report to the Datacenter Manager
- Maintain the on-call schedule coordinating absence and vacations
- Recruit and train data technicians to ensure appropriate staffing levels
- Host weekly staff meetings
- Write and deliver performance reviews for staff
- 4+ years managing people in a technical environment with work knowledge of Datacenters.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux systems administration
- Networking experience of cabling best practices
- In-depth hardware architectures knowledge and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with system management tools and client/server environments
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.