Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Please include a cover letter with your application.
The Head of Design Ops at Twitch will be a nurturing powerhouse who understands and cherishes the power of design. Someone that understands how to create healthy design processes that yield high-quality results with incredibly happy designers. They will know how to identify potential issues and amplify opportunities cross -functionally. They are well versed in running Agile sprints and communicating progress within the design group and to cross-functional teams. To be impactful, you will have a high commitment to equality and an admiration for Design, Engineering, and Product Management. They will be sympathetic to all three disciplines and an expert at what makes a designer’s heart beat and what they need to be successful
Our future Head of Design Ops will be responsible for people, process, and celebration. They will be an essential connection point for multiple cross-functional design teams distributed across the globe. They know how to advocate for the emotional nuances and needs of the team, create and codify the design process, and celebrate wins for an amplified culture.
- Manage the flow of product design work as it moves from design to development—plugging smoothly into our existing product development process.
- Keep the product design team in sync through communication of project status, potential overlaps, and key timelines that team members should be aware of.
- Work with individual design teams and understand how they all fit together within the product design org.
- Implement or create tools/process for scaling work
- Be the glue between design, product, user research, and engineering program managers.
- Advocate for design team health and identify potential burn-out for designers and managers.
- Manage and improve our agile practices and how work flows through our team.
- Document and communicate process so that there is a shared understanding
- Communicate progress of design projects throughout the product org—providing visibility and predictability of design work across the organization.
- Partner with design managers as a true leader—to execute on larger cross functional projects 1-3 times a year.
- Constantly tweak the design process, optimizing for team collaboration and raising the design bar through shared understanding
- Standardize our on and off-boarding practices, tools and templates.
- Own vendor contracts and conversations for design tools and agencies that the team uses.
- Ensure that every designer has the tools that they need to do their job.
- Create and drive recognition and reward practices for ICs and managers throughout the design org.
- Have had 7+ years of experience in project/program management
- Are inspired by the health and happiness of your team (and yourself)
- Communicate with radical honesty
- Are the definition of “growth mindset”
- Know the ins and outs of JIRA and can show others the way
- Love people and will go above and beyond because that’s just how you are.
- Willing to become acquainted with new tools (like Figma) so that you have empathy for designers around you.
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to bring cross functional teams together
- You’ve worked on products that build community or are well versed in community building.
- You have a high bar for quality and attention to detail
- You are supportive and fun
Twitch highly values diversity. We are committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, and disability status.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.