Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Video Operations team at Twitch manages the bare metal underlying one of the largest live video CDN’s. You will be a part of the core team that helps keep the heart and soul of Twitch humming smoothly 24x7. We obsess about delivering high-quality live video from broadcasters around the world to millions of viewers. You will be presented with unique but engaging challenges associated with our mission and build passion for the technical growth opportunities our scale and real-time nature provides. You will also directly help level up Twitch’s operational capabilities through your experience delivering projects to completion, deep technical understanding of Linux-based systems, software development workflows, and your ability to help build tooling and automation to reduce operational toil.
- Drive work around ease of monitoring and reduction of operational overhead
- Work with Software Engineering teams to deep-dive complex issues
- Participation in technical architecture review around operations
- Develop tooling and automation around operational tasks
- Triaging and responding to operational issues
- Participation in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Must be customer-focused
- Requires an ability to perform largely independently while working collaboratively with team members to ensure success
- Experience in a technical operations role
- Requires an understanding of Linux systems
- Requires an understanding of Networks and Networking
- Requires programming/scripting experience
- Advanced programming/scripting experience
- Experience with Nagios, or other monitoring systems
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.