Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch’s community of streamers and viewers are at the heart of everything we build. As the User Experience Director for Monetization, you will be responsible for the care and development of a first-rate team of talented and caring designers. You will collaborate with partners to develop and broadcast a customer experience vision that aligns the business goals of the Monetization organization with the problems, desires, and needs of our most critical Streamer and Viewer customers.
We are looking for a daring leader that is ready to tackle hard problems and relentlessly hold onto and center customers on all of their teams work. User Experience Directors at Twitch are crucial contributors to their partner teams’ product strategy, and a non-stop advocate for their team(s). You will have the opportunity to do hands on research and collaborate closely with engineers and machine learning experts. If you are a champion for designing for humans and passionate about drawing out the best in your team, you will find many rewarding challenges in this role.
The Monetization team at Twitch ensures that streamers can sustain their communities and continue doing what they love. Our Commerce products enable viewers to give back and receive recognition and reward from the communities they enjoy. Our Advertising products are at the cutting edge of presenting brands to consumers and are a critical source of income for streamers. As part of this team you will define the future of the customer experience for a key pillar of the Twitch strategy.
- Manage and develop a team of dedicated and experienced User Experience Designers
- Ally with the research team to uncover the intricacies of the customer experience for your products
- Develop a clear, objective design vision for the Commerce and Advertising products in concert with product and engineering partners
- Educate the User Experience Design organization on your customers experiences, needs, and problems
- Advocate for resources, organizational change, and anything else that might prevent Twitch from meeting our customers expectations
- 5+ years working in user experience design including consumer products
- 2+ years managing user experience designers
- You are steadfast in creating and sustaining a safe work environment for a diverse group of talented designers
- Experience as a second-level manager of designers
- Advocated for design and user experience at the highest levels of a mid-size or larger consumer business
- Developed a design vision or executed complex design solutions for a multi-sided marketplace
- Ability to understand and write front-end code (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Expertise with Figma and Principle
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant with the standards outlined in the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.