Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Please include a cover letter with your application.
Twitch exists because we created a place for marginalized communities to thrive. As these communities grow we need to be mindful that all voices have a safe and welcoming place to thrive. This means that accessibility must be top of mind and primary in function. We must always think a little beyond the edges and build experiences that are accessible for all types of people and inclusive in nature. The future of Twitch is for everyone— we welcome everyone and believe that our differences strengthen us as a global community. As the Accessibility & Inclusive Design Program Manager at Twitch, you will lead our effort across the company to create and facilitate a program that makes Twitch a safe and welcoming space to be. You will focus on hands-on work as well as leadership and management of your program. You will work cross functionally across the entire org—creating change in process, tools used, kpis measured, and cultural milestones celebrated. We will look to you to own the vision of how Twitch will be a welcome home for all, and we will work with you to bring this necessary vision to life.
You will join our centralized design org that is already passionate about accessibility, where you will be looked upon to influence and work with our design system, product development process, and design operations. From this central team you will begin to work directly with product, engineering, legal, partnerships, and everyone from our executive staff to our individual contributors. Your program will be as big as your vision—your cadence thoughtful and mindful.
If you have strong leadership, mentorship, and ally abilities, which influence those around to collaborate and create wonderfully inclusive products, Twitch has a great group of people who will be excited to work with you.
- Build an accessibility and inclusive design program to work with business, product, design, science, engineering, customer support, and legal leaders to identify, prioritize and deliver high impact initiatives and across all of our products.
- Identify, engage, and plan for internal collaboration with external experts or resources that can scale with product development.
- Create clear, trackable annual goals that you will regularly report to leadership and leverage to drive change throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with other Accessibility stakeholders (legal, research, policy, communications, etc) on goal setting, reporting, and execution.
- Develop an educational program and deploy guidelines/resources for individual product designers and design teams to encourage independent contribution to program goals.
- Build empathy across the company for accessibility and inclusive design.
- Work directly with product and design leaders to problem-solve and address core accessibility issues.
- Partner with our design, product, engineering, and user research teams to develop systems that are not only compliant but impactful for our broadcasters and their communities.
- Shape and grow the accessibility program—communicating and advocating for the program throughout the org.
- We don’t have hard requirements on degrees or years of experience; we encourage anyone to apply that can demonstrate their skills as a program manager with the ability to improve accessibility and inclusive design at Twitch.
- Successfully created and/or managed a cross company program with measurable goals and reportable outcomes.
- Expertise in accessibility best practices, guidelines, and regulations—such as WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 and the CVAA; ability to consult with executive team on risk assessment.
- Experience working with product, design, engineering, and legal teams to deliver accessibility audits, code reviews and other advisory services.
- Experience working on consumer product accessibility both on video and communications products and across a variety of devices, such as desktop, smartphone, gaming console, and OTT services.
- A strong awareness of assistive technologies available to people with disabilities.
Twitch highly values diversity. We are committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, and disability status.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.