Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced lawyer to be the lead Product lawyer for our EMEA & LATAM businesses. You will advise our business and product engineering teams on legal and strategic issues working alongside with lawyers in Twitch and across the Amazon group.
Principal responsibilities include: triangulating with Twitch Public Policy and Engineering Teams to provide legal and compliance advice on International regulations, monitoring and advising the business of upcoming regulatory changes, working globally and cross-functionally with Engineering teams to implement product design, and handling product and developer-related litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
This lawyer, will report directly to our International Legal Director and be part of the International Legal Team based at our European headquarters in London. Some international travel will be required.
- Triangulate with Twitch Public Policy and Engineering Teams to provide daily legal and compliance advice;
- Monitor and advise the business of upcoming regulatory changes, working globally and cross-functionally with technology teams and Amazon Digital Legal to implement product design, and handling product and developer-related litigation legal disputes and inquiries;
- Advise and work with the International Business and Engineering Teams on data issues and privacy by design.
- Manage Twitch’s International position on copyright and trademark infringement and other related issues
- University Degree and Legal Qualification (EU preferred).
- Legal experience: minimum 7 years post qualification experience (PQE)
- A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience.
- Technology, Media, Advertising, Telecoms or Gaming Industry background a plus.
- In-depth understanding of EU Regulatory trends and experience advising businesses on the implementation of regulations working with Engineering and Public Policy teams.
- Experience advising Engineering teams on international legal issues to incorporate in to product design.
- The ability to function as part of a European and global legal team and the broader Amazon Digital Legal Group.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.)
- Lunch Served Five Times a Week
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.