Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The Identity team develops and operates multiple services that allows users to connect securely and manage their identities on Twitch. Among these services the privacy data management system PDMS, powers privacy compliance and product decision-making across Twitch.
Our data pipe receives over 20 billion events a day, and PDMS's goal is to use the data generated by tens of systems across twitch to help users understand how their data is used and allow them to have full control over it. We provide tools to store, transform, move, and understand data.
As a software engineer on the Identity team, you will help achieve the first , and next generation of Twitch data privacy technology. Using Go and Python, you will build tools which are reliable and scale. You’ll report to the Identity Engineering Manager to shape the work of your peers, and participate in our engineering team.
- Assemble, hygiene, analyze and make sense of complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional requirements across engineering, product development, privacy and legal.
- Create, build, optimize the data infrastructure and the data pipeline at Twitch, working with a large variety of tools and data sources using SQL, NoSQL, and AWS big data technologies
- Work with a wide spectrum of partners including data analytics, data engineering, privacy, legal and product infrastructure to determine best practices and solutions
- 1+ years of software development experience.
- Experience in Go or Python
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience working with distributed, highly available systems.
- You’ve worked with Amazon Web Services.
- A foundational understanding of GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA or other privacy laws
- Exposure to ETL tools such as AWS Glue, Airflow, CloudComposer
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.