Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced communicator with a proven track record of telling compelling business and advertising stories. You will build and execute our advertising communications strategy, develop messaging and narratives, identify ongoing storytelling opportunities, and lead the development of our brand safety narrative. You'll report to the head of corporate communications and partner with the broader PR, marketing, and sales teams to put Twitch’s best foot forward in the industry.
You have are comfortable working with executives, under pressure, and on tight deadlines. You are self-directed, passionate, and positive. You can find fresh stories and angles and have strong relationships with advertising press. You can build trusted relationships with partners, think and work cross-functionally, and excel in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Develop and execute our advertising communications strategy, including proactive storytelling, reactive comms, and ongoing media engagement
- Be a trusted, strategic partner to peers and executives
- Partner with the broader communications team to develop narratives and messaging for the sales organization and our brand partners
- Work with external audiences to educate people about our business and advertising products
- Collaborate with the sales team to highlight innovative campaigns that demonstrate Twitch’s value
- Establish and develop a bench of spokespeople within the sales organization
- Craft the foundational materials needed to deliver compelling, consistent narratives
- Help manage company response for crisis and emerging issues, working across Twitch to craft messaging and respond quickly and effectively
- Cultivate relationships with top-tier B2B outlets and reporters, as well as brands for source development
- Manage brand presence and speaking engagements at events like CES and Advertising Week
- Work with US and global agency partners
- 7+ years of experience in public relations, including experience working in-house
- Established relationships with a broad range of media and outlets
- Experience working with PR agencies or teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfort acting as a company spokesperson
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment in fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous situations and environments
- Enthusiasm for Twitch and our community
- Experience in advertising, revenue, or B2B communications
- Experience in-house. Additional agency experience is a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.