Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for someone to help lead its Law Enforcement Response team’s collaboration with Law Enforcement and Government Agencies in the EMEA region.
Safety Operations is at the core of our efforts to keep Twitch a welcoming and safe place for people to build communities. The Law Enforcement Response Manager, EMEA will therefore be an important element of trust and safety’s efforts, coordinating its work with external bodies to aid compliance and collaboration.
Reporting to the Global Law Enforcement Response Manager, you will help serve our growing community in relation to legal requests and government and organisational obligations to protect our community. We look for the someone with a background in law enforcement/governmental work, non-profit online safety, or tech company-side liaison
- Develop team members, and perform the following responsibilities:
- Manage how requests from and escalations to law enforcement or government agencies are handled; this includes:
- Form strategies, tools and workflows required to create, efficient processes
- Strict adherence to regulation and legal compliance around data privacy and protection
- The tracking and achievement Indicators, taking measures to ensure achievement of target performance levels
- Manage LER cases directly individually while also driving and managing the team
- Work throughout the Twitch business to coordinate relevant work, with emphasis on Customer Experience, Policy, Legal, and Product teams
- Handle and respond to high-urgency requests, incidents or issues and serve as the primary LER point of contact for relevant EMEA legislative concerns
- Support large projects and initiatives while managing competing interests
- Interface with Trust & Safety global leadership, working across international time zones to ensure issue response following the nature of a live streaming service
- Aid the Moderation team in the handling of sensitive content including potentially disturbing text, video or images
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of experience working in Safety within technology, government, legal, or non-profit, with 3+ years in a management role
- Data-driven approach to finding solutions and delivering on plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Self-driven - able to accomplish autonomously
- Comfortable with working flexibly as part of a globally-dispersed 24/7/365 team
- Mentally and emotionally resilient to offensive or disturbing behaviour, language, and content
- Familiarity with Google Docs and content or community management tools
- Knowledge of with Twitch, streaming, and internet culture
- Additional language skills
- Private Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, Pension Plan, Maternity & Parental Leave, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Commuter Benefits, Amazon Employee Discount, Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.), Lunch Served Four Times a Week, Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.