Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for senior engineers to lead new projects on distributed systems for our video infrastructure team. The Video Ingest / Playback Edge team is building a new iteration of our video services that allows instant and scalable video broadcasting in a multi-tenant fashion. Our team powers Twitch and Amazon Interactive Video Service to bring live video to AWS customers.
We are looking for a senior engineer, with architectural design and debugging skills, that cares about scalability, availability and quality to build the next generation of our new multi-tenant video services. Previous video experience is a bonus but not a requirement. You will work with a team that gets cross-team / cross-org initiatives and report to an Engineering Manager.
As part of the Playback Edge team you will work on creative solutions to grow our services to millions of viewers, decrease latency of video delivery, and allow new features like an experimentation platform to improve viewing experience. We have a very unique opportunity to shape the future of the video industry and your goal to solve challenging problems will contribute to its success. You will get exposure to all this, while having a fun and supportive culture at your disposal.
- Contribute to the code and architecture of services under Video Ingest - Playback Edge Team
- Develop maintainable and robust services and libraries using Golang and AWS services
- Help maintain the existing infrastructure allowing broadcasters to stream live video to Twitch & IVS
- Work with other groups at Twitch and Amazon to bring new components of the video infrastructure
- Lead in the design and implementation of successful internet-scale systems and services
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems
- Write tooling and services to make video pipeline more efficient, robust and easy to work with
- Mentor junior engineers and always improve engineering practices across the team
- BS or higher in CS with 5+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
- Have expert knowledge in performance, security, scalability, architecture, and best practices
- Hands-on technical experience in either building complex distributed systems or in designing platforms
- Experience with cell-based architectures and distributed systems
- Proficiency in Golang
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.