Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
You will have demonstrated experience building front-end codebase. You have knowledge of front-end engineering methods, how best to meet latency code in ReactJS or VanillaJS. You should also build and work in AWS. You will also have experience leading junior engineers, doing code-reviews and setting best engineering practices.
- Develop new music product features
- Improve existing APIs and services, with a heavy focus on scale and availability
- Improve engineering processes to increase team effectiveness
- Work across both technical and business-focused teams to deliver value to our creators
- Lead discussions to analyze needs, then improve and develop front-end solutions
- Lead the frontend & backend applications architecture to develop common reusable code
- You'll identify and uphold frontend engineering best practices
- Work in a supportive team environment with shared code, code reviews, and disciplined quality control; quality begins with the developers on the team
- 7+ years of professional experience developing distributed or high-volume services
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science/Engineering or prior engineering experience
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Proficient coder in one of the following: Go, Java, C++, or similar languages
- Experience developing web applications and their backend APIs
- Experience with React
- Proficient working with cloud technologies using AWS
- Experience working with product managers, designers, and other engineering leaders
- User or streamer on Twitch
- Experience building Go services
- MS Preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.