Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. Our video engineering group delivers high-quality live video streams to our end-users as our platform grows, while also continuing to improve features that add value, improve operational efficiency, and improve our delivery costs. You will use your experience building organizations and scalable processes to help scale engineering and ensure that large projects with complex components are delivered efficiently. You will work with the individual contributors and leads on your teams, as well as cross-team with engineering, product, operations and leadership. You will ensure our primary products stay stable and scale indefinitely and new products are delivered faster even as we grow. The ideal candidate will have spent 5+ years as a hands-on engineer solving hard scaling problems horizontally, and then at least 3 years leading and building a team of engineers to do the same.
- Attract and retain top engineering talent
- Assist your teams in developing roadmaps for system and product growth, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support that growth
- Represent your team to senior leadership and other groups to build a challenging vision and ensure you have the resources to deliver it
- Determine vision for excellence at Twitch for your teams, and then accomplish it
- Provide top level architectural direction to team leads and engineers to maintain a high standard of engineering quality
- Maintain a long-term focus on operational excellence
- 2+ years of hands-on management experience building engineering teams to deliver and maintain complex systems
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience building and scaling complex systems.
- You know Go and have used it in production ready systems.
- Startup experience
- Experience with live video systems
- Experience building and running a CDN
- Experience with network programming
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.