Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Commerce Money team owns products/systems that affect millions of users and broadcasters. The team is directly responsible for ensuring high-quality world class product purchase experiences for our users. As a Software Engineer within Commerce, you will work with other development and cross-functional teams to build the highest quality products.
- Work with technical leads and other engineers to design, develop commerce/payments platform and services
- Contribute to customer-focused to project deliveries
- Work with other teams to clarify product requirements
- Be a multiplier of the team's impact, velocity, and technical excellence by improving engineering processes and tools
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Mentor and cultivate junior engineers
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or prior relevant engineering experiences
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, data modeling, schema design and system design
- 2+ years as an software engineer
- Proficient experience level in any the following language: Go, Ruby, Java, or Python
- Familiar with AWS ecosystem
- Experience in commerce/payments domain
- Twitch user, broadcaster, or partner or experience in the gaming industry
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.