Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Would you like to join a team focused on supporting our customers? Do you like the idea of simplifying tools for developers so they can prioritize their applications and services?
We have an exciting opportunity driving education for the teams that build Twitch internal applications and the services that power them. These platform teams enhance productivity at Twitch and by joining this team you’d create content that does the same thing. We’re looking for a writer to help document new features and improve existing docs based on customer feedback.
As a Technical Writer at Twitch, you'll work directly with internal software development teams in a collaborative, distributed environment. You'll work with software developers and technical program managers to produce high-quality technical content for Go programmers and web developers. With requirements, processes and deliverables that can change rapidly, you will grow and excel in this position.
You have a technical background that enables interaction with Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers. You will have excellent communication and can demonstrate your ability to provide high-quality technical publications. You have a technical background and can achieve high-quality technical documentation. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills. While we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these areas, we hope you are excited to learn about them!
- Write, improve, and test technical documentation and code examples
- Gather, and respond to customer feedback and data
- Help define writing projects and determine priorities
- Support the planning and delivery of developer education programs, like workshops and new hire onboarding classes.
- 1 year experience minimum writing for developer and technical audiences: blog, product documentation, or technical information
- Experience with web development, cloud computing or related areas
- Experience delivering content projects
- Experience working on or closely with software development teams
- Experience working with agile project management methodologies
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.