Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join a small but agile team. You will work with the Performance Marketing, MarTech and several other Marketing functions to lead thought, process and insight leadership. You will report into the Marketing Science & Analytics team and will lead insight generation to inform our channel investments and provide guidance on success/failure metrics for very diverse campaigns across geographies and platforms.
As a Data Analyst in Marketing at Twitch, you will be on the ground floor with the marketing team, shaping the way performance marketing is measured, defining what questions are asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business. Additionally, you will help support the vision for marketing analytics, solutions architecture for data related marketing constructs and tactical execution such as campaign performance reporting. You are paving the way for high-quality, high velocity insight generation to support large-scale growth.
- Build performance reports and dashboards for acquisition and re-engagement campaigns that present the results, including the yield and other performance metrics, to the team
- Establish test and learn strategies with marketing managers with an emphasis on A/B testing and other forms of experimentation
- Collaboratively establish causal impact and incremental value of campaigns and report the total value generated across multiple cuts of data
- Produce insights rapidly & periodically so teams can act on it with minimal lag
- Produce custom deep-dive analyses outside the periodic insights process
- Contribute to data pipelining, from data preparation to analysis to deployment and work with associated engineering teams and 3rd party measurement partners
- Manage campaign lists for diverse marketing using profiling and segmentation analytical techniques
- Support efforts to resolve data quality issues by identifying the root-causes and presenting potential solutions.
- Identify data automation opportunities and manage projects to refine the process by getting hands-on with the data stack and working with associated engineering teams
- Work with other analysts to ensure data integrity and quality, and produce high-quality white papers to present and circulate across the organization
- 4+ years of domain experience in performance and growth marketing, in the consumer internet space or in a high-velocity, high-growth product / business
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in engineering, math, statistics, data analytics, operations research or related field or equivalent data analytics experience
- Expert SQL skills and the ability to wrangle potentially unruly data
- Experience using Tableau or other similar data visualization tool
- Experience using the A/B testing framework and its implementation
- Fluency in data analysis and communication around data, including time series analysis, experimentation, data visualization, and defining performance strategy
- Masters degree in one of the above mentioned fields
- Experience managing performance marketing campaigns
- Work experience in the mobile gaming domain
- Experience with LTV-based performance metrics and incremental value
- Python, R or other similar statistical tools
- You are familiar with Twitch and use it frequently
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.