Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for senior engineers with the curiosity to develop massively scalable services, APIs, products and pipelines that support our advertising business. Together, these systems power Twitch advertising, arming creators, advertisers, and internal Twitch teams with the tools and insights they need to grow.
The ideal contributor has experience building and delivering high-quality production services, platforms, or infrastructure in a distributed systems environment. As a senior engineer you will lead large engineering efforts, set technical strategy, design architecture, and provide products that delight our customers. You will work with other technical leaders to improve for engineering excellence at the team and organization levels.
The ideal contributor should have experience building, maintaining and continuously delivering high quality production services, platforms, or infrastructure in a distributed systems environment. As a senior engineer you will lead large engineering efforts, working cross-functionally to cut through ambiguity, set technical strategy, design architecture, and deliver products that delight our customers. You will work with other technical leaders to raise the bar for engineering excellence at the team and organization levels.
As the leader in live-streaming, Twitch is home to unique opportunities and challenges in the advertising space, and the Ad Products group sits at the intersection. If you’re excited about joining our team and having an outsize impact on Twitch and its creators, come work with us!
- Develop, deliver, and operate new product services and features on native AWS infrastructure
- Scale and improve existing APIs and services used to power the Twitch advertising platform
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Mentor and cultivate the growth of the engineers around you
- Contribute to overall team and organization technical strategy and architecture design
- Work across teams and organizations to deliver value to our creators, viewers, and advertisers
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of professional (non-internship) experience developing distributed systems
- Proficient coder in one or more of the following: Go, Java, C++
- Experience developing and operating high-volume low-latency distributed services
- Experience refining technical strategy and mentoring engineers
- Can thrive in a fast-moving and fast-changing environment
- Experience or familiarity with the AWS ecosystem of services (EC2, ECS, RDS, Dynamo, Lambda, CloudWatch, etc.)
- Experience or familiarity with experience building GraphQL APIs
- Experience or familiarity with ETL pipelines (Kinesis, Airflow, Redshift, Spark)
- Experience or familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes and the container ecosystem
- Experience or familiarity with ML and probabilistic problem solving
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.