Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Safety Operations is at the core of our efforts to keep Twitch a welcoming and safe place for people to build communities.
The Safety Operations Risk Management Lead will work across a variety of work streams to anticipate and mitigate risk for the safety of Twitch users, take steps to close potential gaps in process or tooling - working with the Safety Product team to create requirements - and correctly and promptly logging and resolving corrective actions that arise because of previous safety incidents. You will report to the Senior Safety Operations Manager (NA).
- Apply knowledge of the Twitch platform and Trust & Safety fields to create crucial insights into patterns of abuse, bad acting and operational areas of opportunity
- Work across all levels of the business to command safety incidents and create post-mortems of the highest impact issues to ensure delivery of corrective actions
- Create relevant operational, policy, product, and service requirements to mitigate risk for identified areas of the business that reduce risk to the business and promote user safety
- Help improve success in main performance metrics such as report service level success, operational efficiency, and ban evasion; help implement measurements for high-severity issues and achieve target levels
- Partner with product, engineering, and data science teams to solve problems at scale while capturing and tracking corrective actions
- BA/BS degree in a related field of study or 3+ years of relevant industry experience, including Trust & Safety, Cybersecurity, Audit, Risk, Compliance, or Law Enforcement
- Experience within a project management role, within online safety, moderation or customer service field
- Experience leading and partnering with large incident response teams
- Experience working with engineering and product teams to determine and prioritize operational requirements
- Experienced in data-driven approaches to problem-solving, execution , and illustrating business conclusions
- Comfortable with working flexibly as part of a globally-dispersed 24/7/365 team
- Mentally and emotionally resilient to offensive or disturbing behavior, language, and content
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Google Docs, or equivalent
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.