Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
As Director of Programming Operations, reporting to the Head of Programming, you’ll improve Twitch’s position as the destination for Multiplayer Entertainment by overseeing a platform-wide content programming that creates symbiosis between creators, media partners, and Twitch original content. You will manage a team of full-time staff and contract employee responsible for internal planning, prioritization, and greenlight of programs, manages a master calendar of all programs, and oversees the promotion, curation, and distribution of partner and original content on Twitch. Programming Operations is a deeply collaborative team, partnering with our Original Content, Partnerships, Marketing, and Sales teams. The ideal candidate has extensive experience within a media company or digital media platform designing and managing systems to create cross-functional alignment and transparency.
- Oversee the distribution and optimization of all tent-pole content programs produced by Twitch and external partners.
- Manage a content distribution and programming calendar for all strategic content programs.
- Oversee the scheduling of all programming-led editorial curation surfaces across Twitch (Front Page Carousel, Promotional Units)
- Think outside of the box to develop new ideas for promoting and distributing content on Twitch.
- Ensure each distribution and promotion channel is optimized for audience growth.
- Partner with marketing to design programming strategies to serve target audience segments.
- Lead a collaborative working group of marketing, content, and sales leaders responsible for planning and prioritizing Twitch tentpole programs.
- Oversee a team of full time and contract employees responsible for managing and optimization all Twitch owned and operated content channels.
- Minimum 10 years managing content programming and distribution strategies at traditional or digital media companies.
- A willingness to carve a path towards a defined goal when there are no established protocols or processes.
- Masterful project management skills, including a working knowledge of one or many project management tools (Airtable experience a huge plus)
- Experience building relationships across a growing and evolving organization with complex decision influences.
- Experience understanding and optimizing for the goals of multiple departments.
- An understanding of content discovery mechanisms (algorithms) and optimization levers within a digital media platform.
- Demonstrated editorial instincts and an ability to use data and experience to anticipate what content will resonate with which audiences.
- Minimum 3 years managing teams.
- Experience informing or leading the development of content management systems and tools
- Experience making compelling go-to-market collateral such as pitch decks and case studies
- Experience with live streaming or live content programming
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.