Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch’s Video organization is looking for an experienced and motivated Full Stack Engineer to help build the future of interactive entertainment. You will report into the Video API team, working with designers, product managers, and peers to build AWS Console components and related applications. We are building greenfield applications from the ground up, so this is an opportunity to use modern technologies and shape future technical direction.
We are looking for candidates who prefer ownership and empowerment. You will blend your experience across frontend and backend components with a passion for perfecting the user experience to delight our customers. You will be surrounded by other smart, motivated individuals who help you develop and refine your skills.
- Deliver and operate rich, responsive user interfaces using modern frontend web technologies
- Deliver and operate new backend services and features on AWS infrastructure
- Participate in product and technical design reviews to refine requirements and assess trade-offs
- Predictably deliver software solutions across frontend and backend components
- Insist on high code quality and testing standards, positively influencing those around you
- Help find clarity requirements and build a path forward
- Help shape the team’s architecture and technology strategy
- Practice extreme ownership and customer obsession in everything you do
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- CS fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Professional experience building responsive applications using modern frontend web technologies
- Professional experience building scalable APIs using modern backend technologies
- Experience or familiarity with Golang
- Experience or familiarity with React
- Experience or familiarity with AWS services such as API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, SQS, Kinesis
- Experience or familiarity with real-time or batch data pipelines
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.