Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch.
About the Role
The Creator Platforms team builds features and products that promote new experiences for our Twitch creators. The team is expanding to keep up with the demands of our broadcasters, and we’re looking for a backend engineer with a background working with AWS services to help bring delightful new experiences into our products. You will report to the Engineering Manager for Creator Platforms.
As a backend engineer on our team you will build services that power features in the Creator Dashboard, Twitch Studio and other new products that our broadcasters use every day to stream. Our job is to ensure that every broadcaster on Twitch has a great experience.
If you are passionate about helping creators on Twitch grow and succeed, this is the place for you!
- Work with Twitch Creator Teams and others to build high-quality Twitch products and broadcaster experiences.
- Become familiar with the existing Twitch creator backend technology stack
- Contribute to architectural, design, and process discussions involving the technological choices involved in building Twitch’s creator backend services
- You’ll identify and uphold backend engineering best practices
- Work backwards from the customer needs to create working designs
- Work in a supportive team environment with shared code, code reviews, and disciplined quality control; quality begins with the developers on the team
- A degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of professional software development experience or equivalent co-op or internship experience
- Proficient coder in one or more of the following: Go, Java, C#, Kotlin, C++ or Scala
- Foundational knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- You enjoy learning new programming languages and frameworks
- Experience working in a service-oriented or microservice architecture
- Experience working with AWS or similar cloud platform services
- Experience building services using Go
- Experience with live streaming tools on Twitch or other platforms
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily, Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.