Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Consumer Communications Manager will help build narratives, campaigns, and stories that promote Twitch’s wonderful and unique community of Creators.
You’ll work with many teams internally, primarily Creator and Community marketing and Partnerships, to develop strategic and creative plans that highlight who our Creators are and what they are doing across Twitch. You’ll work with both Creators and their Account Managers to creatively tell their stories and bring them to life in consumer media. You’ll take the lead on responding to Creator-related inquiries and handle crises and issues as they emerge.
You are creative and self-directed with experience working on consumer-focused stories that center around talent and creators. You are curious about how things work and can bring a compelling story to life with few details. You can spot issues before they happen, can quickly and easily build trusted relationships with team members, think and work cross-functionally, and excel in a fast-paced, changing environment.
The Consumer Communications Manager will report into the Consumer Communications Director and work from Twitch’s headquarters in San Francisco.
- In partnership with the Consumer Communications Director, develop consumer media strategies for Creators across gaming, music, and traditional sports
- Identify opportunities to engage Creators around current events or other company, cultural, or industry moments
- Establish an understanding of Twitch Creators and develop stories that translate to broad consumer audiences
- Develop and nurture relationships with important lifestyle, entertainment, culture, and gaming reporters
- Help build processes to highlight different Creators to creatively tell their stories
- Be a trusted, strategic partner to peers
- Collaborate with US and global agency partners
- 5+ years of experience in public relations, including experience working in-house
- Established relationships with a broad range of media and outlets, including in entertainment and lifestyle
- Experience working with talent/creators
- Experience collaborating with PR agencies or teams
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment in fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous situations and environments
- Enthusiasm for Twitch and our community
- Experience in entertainment, media, or user-generated content businesses
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.