Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is searching for an IT leader to increase and protect our productivity through the use of technology. A person who understands customer obsession and wants to build a culture of customer first, partnerships across all boundaries, and has the desire to evolve the value of digitization and information technology. You lead the Information Technology vision, strategy and capabilities across the enterprise. This includes four teams: business solutions, customer success (collaboration, service desk, production operations, and trade procurement), enterprise engineering, and enterprise architecture and solutions. Reporting to the CFO, the IT leader will give oversight and direction to Information Technology and business leaders on strategy, standards, and opportunities for shared services and economies of scale. You will be an essential contributor to our strategy and planning process and will oversee operations, technology and digital innovation. It is necessary for the leader to build productive relationships with all business leaders, acting as a true partner and making IT a business enabler. Twitch Information Technology supports more than 1600 employees globally.
- Create a strategic Information Technology vision for Twitch that supports our goals, and can build on that vision.
- Partner with executive teams to establish business and system requirements for new technology projects.
- Build technology vendor partnerships, and can oversee multiple vendor relationships to ensure the best performance and financial return.
- Leverage and maintain a deep knowledge on a broad range of vendor technology solutions; and can select the most appropriate technologies to support the business
- Improve appropriate IT organizational structure to support the needs of the global business, including balancing the compliment of in-house and outsourced IT services
- Prioritize and provide approvals and controls for projects across the organization as they relate to selection, acquisition and development of major information systems.
- Review major hardware, software and maintenance acquisition contracts to pursue master agreements to capitalize economies of scale.
- Partner with InfoSec to implement comprehensive approaches to cybersecurity and risk management.
- Partner with Infosec and business leaders to ensure compliance with security standards, SOX, and PII.
- Guide the development of the IT organization to ensure appropriate skills are in place to align with Department strategy needs, including succession planning for unique skills.
- Demonstrate experience with SaaS, cloud-based, and outsourced solutions through third-party providers.
- Experience designing and managing a governance framework across the spectrum of service delivery.
- 15+ years of career experience in technology, including at least 8 leading service, engineering and technical teams.
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse leaders, communicate a vision and strategy and build consensus.
- Experience leading complex, major change programs; demonstrated skills in change management.
- Able to articulate ideas to technical and non-technical audiences; strong written and oral skills.
- gram management teams.
- 5+ years of experience managing products, budgets and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners.
- Technology leadership experience in a global environment.
- Experience establishing and communicating vision, plans, and status.
- Experience managing internal customers and external service providers inclusive of contracting.
- Experience leading an agile development organization.
- Team building skills – can bring people together, develop and motivate staff members, create challenging projects for team members, and instill a high sense of pride in the team’s accomplishments.
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- An advanced degree in a related field, such as computer science, engineering and/or business (MBA) or equivalent.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.