Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch Commerce makes tools for streamers (aka Creators) that enable them to offer premium experiences to fans. Commerce currently has four products and a payments platform. The products are: Channel Subscriptions, Subscription Gifting, Cheering, and Turbo. Commerce strives to deliver products and tools that meet the needs of Viewers and Creators in the marketplace, and promote all monetary exchange on-platform. We have a 100+-person team comprised of product and engineering professionals split be tween downtown SF and downtown Seattle. Here at Twitch, you’ll work with passionate people who are smartand customer obsessed.
As a Product Manager for the Commerce Machine Learning program, you will help set and work on Twitch's strategy to use machine learning to promote better customer and outcomes. You will help build a machine learning platform for Commerce, and you will work closely with other product teams, applied science, data science, marketing, finance, and engineering.
- Establish product roadmap for products using ML to grow commerce.
- Determine business and technical requirements of a product by working with customers, partners and our teams.
- Work directly with applied scientists and engineers to build products - lead product development from roadmap development to building, testing and launching products
- Bring go-to-market planning and execution with Sales, Marketing and Operations teams.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, revenue and engineering investments.
- Collaborate gracefully with data science, analytics, engineering and finance to determine the right level of investments.
- Assess the technical feasibility of a proposed product or feature and enable engineers to make the right technical trade-offs
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet, financial, and technical goals
- 6+ years of work experience as a Product Manager
- Experience working on at least one of: distributed systems, big data systems, ML tools, ML products, or cloud services.
- Experience leading teams
- Experience defining 1-2 year product strategies, and working on associated roadmaps.
- Experience coordinating requirements across diverse customer groups.
- You are a tireless advocate of the needs of our customer - both our creators and customers.
- You understand when and how to use product analytics and run product experiments.
- You can translate your product ideas into expected impact
- SQL Proficiency.
- Broad technical scope and depth including familiarity with Machine Learning, streaming big data, web services, and back-end application infrastructure
- Comfortable assessing and taking risks
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.