Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Data is central to Twitch’s decision-making process, and analysts are an essential component to promote data-driven decision-making in all of our operations. As an analyst at Twitch, you will be on the ground floor with your team, shaping the way product performance is measured, defining what questions are asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high-quality, high velocity decisions for your team.
For this role, we’re looking for an experienced product analyst who will help develop the Go-To-Market strategy and evaluate product programs within our Music team. You will report to the Director of Creator Analytics. You will establish and track goals, support strategic programs, design experiments, evaluate A/B tests, implement data instrumentation, and inform on investment. You are a “full-stack” data powerhouse who uses data to improve decision-making to make the best products for our creators and their communities. Your input will be core to decision-making across all major product strategies and programs that our team builds.
- Inform business product strategies by defining and updating core metrics for each initiative
- Establish analytical framework for your team: ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools to surface data to partners
- Evaluate and forecast impact of product features on creators, viewers, and the entire Twitch ecosystem
- Design A/B experiments to guide product direction with iterative innovation and measurement
- Create the team’s analysis roadmap and prioritize the most valuable projects
- Dive deep into the data to understand how creator and viewer behaviors change with the evolution of our product and strategy
- Be a our team’s expert on best practices and move towards long-term vision of sustainable and thriving data processes
- 6+ years of analytics experience in a consumer internet business, or in a high-velocity, high-growth product or business
- 1+ year(s) of experience with a focus on music/radio product or broadcast media analytics
- Expert fluency in SQL-based data manipulation
- Experience building aggregates and optimizing data workstreams
- Experience designing and assessing impact of A/B experiments in a product development cycle
- High level of comfort creating dashboards in Tableau or comparable software
- Technical background and programming experience–especially R or Python
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques
- Experience building data products
- Passion about online communities, games, and Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.