Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a motivated Tax Manager with experience working with partners with emphasis on domestic and international indirect tax and withholding tax in the e-Commerce space. You will report to the Head of Tax at Twitch.
As Twitch continues to grow its live streaming platform with our amazing social community, we are looking for a candidate with experience with project management who will support and grow our unique social community through your technical tax knowledge and with a variety of teams.
- Partner-centric attitude to collaborate to stay up-to-date with product plans for indirect tax and direct tax analysis
- Support and prepare federal and US internal indirect tax analysis based on product and geo expansion requirements
- Participate in design and solution-ing of the operationalization of certain tax strategies and changes to tax requirements relating to content licensing payments and revenue generation
- Manage both in-house and external compliance teams relating to indirect tax compliance deliverables
- Develop tax requirements and to assess whether new operational guidelines
- Support the review and analysis of income and transactional tax requirements to support global expansion plans and the changing tax landscape
- Develop scalable operational processes transactional tax compliance
- Keep informed about changes in tax legislation in e-Commerce and to identify potential impact to
- Communicate to various teams of new tax procedures
- Take on ad hoc projects
- CPA; Bachelor's degree, with an emphasis in accounting, finance, economics or a related field
- 3+ years experience in public accounting or industry
- Work with all levels of employees and cross company teams
- Can present issues in a clear concise voice
- Understanding of tax requirements and exposures
- Scale and navigate large sums of information
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Excel (knowledge of pivot tables)
- Experience in an ERP environment: NetSuite/SAP/Oracle (a plus)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.