Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Advertising is a core part of Twitch’s business model and we take pride in our mission to help creators earn a living by entertaining their viewers. Advertising on Twitch spans areas such as content promotion, video advertising, and influencer marketing, each of these are their own multi-sided marketplaces. To scale each of these marketplaces, we build compelling advertising experiences for millions of viewers; provide millions of creators with tools and automated services to manage the advertising behavior on their channels; and offer solutions for advertisers to reach their audience at scale.
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead Data Science and Analytics for all advertising products. As the leader of a growing data science and analytics team. This team solves problems in areas such as ad-load optimization, supply-demand modeling, auction dynamics, pricing, and segmentation, and owns product analytics (goals, metrics, a/b tests, dashboards).
- Hire and develop a growing team of data scientists and analysts
- Establish the vision and roadmap for the team, prioritize the most impactful analysis, and guide the team in solving ambiguous and complex problems.
- Improve our overall product strategy; guide key product decisions through data and insights; set goals and identify the right levers to achieve those goals.
- Lead the team to deliver reusable models that can be productized or used by operational teams.
- 7+ years of experience (or MS with 5+ years) in data science or analytics roles
- 2+ years of people management experience, managing data scientists and data analysts
- Experience in partnering with product teams to define goals, metrics, and experiments
- Experience guiding teams through unstructured technical problems to deliver impact
- Full stack experience across data science, analytics, and data engineering
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Prior work with marketplace or advertising or media products
- Experience with data pipelining from data preparation to analysis to deployment
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.