Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is seeking a Finance Manager - APAC role based in Singapore. You will be involved in providing support to the controllership and finance for related accounting and financial information/activities in the APAC/SEA region. You will report directly to the Regional APAC Controller for Twitch and is a valued member of the APAC/SEA Regional finance team.
You have broad accounting experience along with a high level of knowledge of US GAAP with an ability to research several accounting topics and communicate, the appropriate application of those accounting topics. You can apply US GAAP in an effective manner and have knowledge of local/country specific statutory IFRS/GAAP treatment as well experience building and operating processes for accounting and finance. Integrity and personal conduct, both on and off the job, reflecting Twitch’s values.
Your success means you align resources and talents achieve results tactically. You are motivated to establish a center of excellence for the accounting function, thinking about governance and compliance. As a "working leader" you show work ethic and exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills. You provide intellectual horsepower and strong problem-solving instincts, with the capability of using data and good judgement to support a decision or direction. You perform with operational excellence, looking for opportunities to improve. You are connected to the business, understanding the operations and anticipating changing needs of the business and how best to support them.
- Responsibilities include the following:
- Support complete, accurate financial reports for APAC following US GAAP and statutory reporting, including treatment for inter-company transactions, local tax and compliance, and accounting matters of the region.
- Support the month end and quarterly close processes for APAC, including BS and IS flux analysis, account reconciliations and report submissions to US/Amazon.
- Provide transactional support (Ads, AP, Commissions); support globalization and automation efforts
- Provide support to the APAC Controller, and partnering with the Financial Planning and Analysis team in preparing and reviewing actual, forecasted, and budgeted financial results (QBR/MBR)
- Coordinate with Twitch’s US and Amazon internationally-based tax and US accounting teams and third-party service providers to ensure VAT and related filings and other compliance with foreign jurisdictions, including review of statutory filings.
- Help support implementations and rollouts of global tools (P2P, T&E) within APAC.
- Align with, and support a shared services strategy for APAC
- Review contracts to ensure accounting treatment is accordance with GAAP and Corporate guidelines, and for operationalization concerning revenue recognition and revenue share/content payments
- Work with the business and other partners to understand the fundamental business operations to enhance and enforce financial controls over transactions and processes
- Understand Twitch and Amazon policies, procedures and controls; develop and operationalize new and amended controls and procedures
- Operate Twitch and Amazon accounting and financial related company systems and tools,
- Help implement SAP S4 within APAC region
- Liaison with US and Amazon regional accounting teams to ensure agreement on policy and local accounting matters
- Review account reconciliations and files supporting the G/L balances of the subsidiaries.
- Review journal entries for the subsidiaries.
- Prepare accounting research and memorandum
- Support country specific statutory audits of countries in which we operate.
- Prepare audit schedules and fulfill requests from our audit teams
- Maintain the chart of accounts for our APAC subsidiaries, ensure agreement on US and Amazon reporting structure.
- Help establish and implement internal control systems, including SOX controls
- Promote workflow process improvements, provide recommendations and work on the changes.
- Create relationships with service providers and contractors, including and not limited to banking institutions and accountants
- Coordinate with US Corporate Accounting and Amazon Treasury monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Coordinate with International and US Amazon teams to support the tax, accounting and other compliance and close processes and reporting requirements.
- Bachelor in Accounting degree or related finance field and credentials (ISCA/CPA/CA/CIMA/ACA/ ACCA) are necessary
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in finance overall. At least 2+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Capability to develop policies and controls in new entities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, good strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, exceptional numerical proficiency, honesty and integrity
- Self-motivated and experiencing on leading teams
- Capability to work and lead in multicultural environments and under pressure
- Demonstrate capability in developing systems and managing change
- Experience working for an international similar work environment. Similar regional exposure
- Medical Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.