Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment, and video is at the very core of that vision, supporting it as the largest live streaming platform with more than 72% of live video traffic globally. Twitch’s Video Client Engineering team is looking for experienced video streaming engineers to help build a cross-platform video playback and broadcasting solution to be used by hundreds of millions of viewers and millions of content creators globally across entertainment, education, health, fitness and ecommerce markets.
If you are passionate about media, streaming, and networking protocols, and want to help shape the future of live interactive video experience this position is for you. You will work with experienced video and networking veterans in building an essential component of the largest live video streaming platform in the world. Along the way, you’ll gain in-depth knowledge of our highly available and scalable end-to-end live video infrastructure.
- Develop our video playback and broadcast experience.
- Work with the Product Engineering team to design APIs that support multiple different platforms and products.
- Work with and provide feedback to backend teams responsible for the APIs and other services supporting video clients.
- Stay informed about current technologies and recent developments in video streaming, networks protocols and media technologies.
- Challenge conventional solutions and wisdom.
- Work with other video teams like ingest, transcode, and replication to improve video quality of experience
- Work with product partners throughout Twitch to build new video features
- Write contribute to technical documents like project proposals and architecture overviews
- 5+ years of professional software development or equivalent expertise.
- Development experience on Android or iOS
- Experience with networking protocols, either with WebRTC, RTP, SRT, RIST or RTMP
- Experience with building and shipping a video conferencing or live video software to production.
- Strong background in C/C++
- Experience with multithreaded programming, object-oriented design and real-time considerations.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.