Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic IT Support Engineer to join our growing IT team in Irvine. As an IT Support Engineer, you will provide hands-on support for client hardware and software on Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. Additionally, you will also support networking and local server resources for your site and help Twitch use our application stack to its fullest potential.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable working as part of a distributed team and communicating with both technical and non-technical users.
You will need to have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software), and an openness to new technologies. You have a technical aptitude and the ability to deal patiently with people in several different situations. Additionally, you enjoy problem-solving. You also must demonstrate a proven ability to operate in complex situations, self prioritize and maintain focus. You will report to our Service Desk Manager.
- Audit and optimize our existing G Suite organization, focusing on improvements to security, automation, and scalability
- Be the global subject matter expert for Slack and other SaaS applications
- Help with implementations and deployments
- Help set up and maintain our Gameslabs and other IT related site equipment
- Help manage our IT assets through the entire lifecycle, including purchasing, repairs, and secure disposal
- Provide support to Twitch employees at our SNA Service Desk
- Be our onsite hands, when necessary, to resolve issues with core networking switches, routers, and WiFi access point
- Monitor and manage our IT ticket queue to ensure SLAs are met
- Evaluate new technology and maintain services
- Resolve complex issues that may not be well documented, and apply your knowledge to improving and creating support procedures and documentation
- Be proactive with mentoring and delivering groups or 1:1 education
- Analyze competing projects, assess technical risk, and communicate impact to the business and team
- Work with other teams to resolve IT related issues
- 3+ years experience working in an IT or Desktop Support/System Administration role
- An ability to take ownership and work independently
- Experience administering and supporting G Suite at scale and administering and supporting Slack and other SaaS applications
- Experience working in an IT or Desktop Support/System Administration role
- Demonstrated experience leveraging the G Suite API to write automation that reduces overhead for common business processes (e.g., employee onboarding and offboarding) and/or improves the end-user experience
- Have a strong understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision; a self-motivated, self-starter who can initiate ideas and take ownership of work
- Exposure or some experience to scripting and or programming - showing us something you've built counts as a bonus!
- An understanding and awareness of security standards
- Demonstrated ability in leading or playing key roles in large cross-functional projects and delivering those projects on time and within guidelines
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily, Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.