Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch’s community of streamers and viewers are at the heart of everything we build. As a User Experience Designer at Twitch, you will produce high-quality visual experiences which bring joy to people all over the world. Your ability to summarize product needs into functional, beautiful solutions will be paramount for achieving success.
Designers at Twitch are involved in development from project conception all the way through execution and iteration. You will do hands-on research and collaborate closely with engineers. If you are a champion for designing for humans and create playful and caring software for your customers, you will flourish on this team.
The Commerce team at Twitch ensures that streamers can sustain their communities and continue doing that they love. Our products allow viewers to give back and receive recognition and reward from the communities they enjoy. As part of this team you will help develop the future of creating and celebrating the special moments that occur every day within these communities and ensure their ongoing success.
- Work with a team of product managers, engineers, and designers
- Learn from streamers and viewers about the ways they use our services and their desires to accomplish more
- Think creatively about how to solve problems that will sustain streamers’ communities
- Give back to the design community at Twitch by using and improving existing patterns and approaches
- Combine qualitative and quantitative information to develop hypotheses about customer motivations and use that to improve your designs
- Present your work to others by participating in design reviews and feedback sessions
- 6 months or more industry experience in UX design or related creative discipline
- A strong aesthetic sense
- Demonstrated empathy for the people using your software or products
- Experience working on consumer software products
- Executed research plans talking to real customers
- Knowledge of design systems
- Expertise with Figma and Principle
- Ability to understand and write front-end code (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Formal education in Design, Interaction/UX Design or HCI
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.