Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a Senior Accounting Manager to lead our Content Accounting team that is a hands-on leader with excellent accounting and operational skills. You will report to the Senior Director of Accounting and manage a team of 5 employees. You will be a technical accounting expert, review complex contracts, and advise the business on the accounting treatment for content acquisitions. You will have experience working in high-growth environments and scaling accounting functions through system implementation and process improvements. Responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop the Content Accounting team.
- Be a strategic advisor to the business and subject matter expert on content cost accounting.
- Write technical memos and perform research to make accounting determinations in accordance with GAAP.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to accounting transformation projects including the implementation of SAP S/4, BRIM and CLM.
- Design and implement accounting policies and internal controls.
- Manage the accounting month-end close including reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and flux analysis.
- Ensure creator payments are processed timely and accurately.
- Ensure compliance with income tax classification, withholding tax and tax reporting.
- Set the short, medium and long-term strategy for the Content Accounting team (people, process and systems).
- Value collaboration and be willing to take on ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. A CPA licence is required. Big 4 experience is a plus.
- At least 10 years experience with a combination of both public or private accounting. A background working in startups, media, tech or entertainment is preferred.
- At least 5 years of progressive management experience with a proven track record of leading and developing high performing teams.
- Excellent technical accounting skills with a strong understanding of GAAP and SOX controls.
- Experience writing technical memos and performing accounting research to make accounting determinations is required. Familiarity with ASC 920 and ASC 926 is a plus.
- Make sound independent decisions and know when to escalate matters.
- Advanced Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and are comfortable with analyzing large datasets to make informed conclusions.
- Excellent project management skills with prior system implementation experience.
- You embrace and advocate the Twitch culture and values.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.