Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Manager of IT Operations is responsible for leading a team of operations engineers, contingent workers, and vendors with the goal of providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for all Twitch corporate productivity applications and services. The IT Operations team is responsible for monitoring, alerting, reporting, managing, and escalations related to all high severity incidents and changes to the production environment. Through a combination of methodologies, including Incident Management/Command, Change Management, Capacity Planning, and Escalation Management, the manager of IT Operations delivers responsive, consistent, and predictable service levels to the Twitch organization. This highly visible position requires the ability to partner collaboratively with business owners across Twitch to ensure IT has a deep understanding of requirements, consultation, and implementation of operational requirements.
- Manage team of engineers, consultants, and contractors focused on operations of SaaS and On-Prem services.
- Develop and apply processes and methodologies for monitoring, metrics, alerting and escalations.
- Oversee 24x7x365 global high severity on-call support for all corporate technologies.
- Work collaboratively with IT Engineering and Service Desk to produce meaningful metrics and KPI’s around service availability, uptime, and downtime impact.
- 7+ years of experience in managing business critical systems and teams handling 24x7 on-call.
- 5+ years of experience in delivering live operations in a ITIL, or similar, framework including Service Delivery & Management (Incident, Problem, Knowledge, and Change management).
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise vendor management, with a focus on regular business reporting, change management, accountability, and advocacy.
- 3-5 years of experience leading a geographically diverse team in a DevOps environment.
- Deep understanding of enterprise SaaS applications, single sign-on, logging and monitoring, and SaaSOps.
- Administrative experience with G-Suite, Slack, Dropbox
- Strong grasp of infrastructure, particularly in AWS, and methodologies for CI/CD, automation & scaling.
- Proven experience in delivering high value reports, analysis, and process/technology recommendations to leadership.
- Strong communication and self-editing skills, as this position is accountable for all outgoing communications to the business.
- Prior experience in participating in systems architecture and planning decisions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of deep monitoring practices, such as transaction verification, smoke testing, CI automation, automated log analysis (Splunk, etc).
- Experience with consultative engagements focused on high availability operations, disaster recovery, and deprecated service models.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.