Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Come create the future of multiplayer entertainment at Twitch! As a member of Twitch’s BD team, you’ll use industry knowledge to promote new business initiatives across strategic B2B partners. Verticals may include entertainment, gaming, OEM, TelCos, and consumer products verticals, but you’ll need to navigate almost any industry or sector. To support our growth, we are looking for a motivated Senior Business Development Manager or Business Development Manager with experience in relationship management and deal closing to promote impactful new business partnerships. You’ll oversee sourcing, negotiating, and driving execution of deals with Twitch’s most non-gaming partners, while setting the standard for excellent partner management. You are able to effectively negotiate terms that benefit Twitch communities while navigating significant ambiguity across multiple functional teams.
- Identify, source, and execute high impact partnership agreements with non-gaming companies (e.g. Consumer Brands, OEMs, Telecommunication companies and other digital services that are repeatable and scalable). This includes leveraging relevant data points to make informed decisions and the ability to convince key internal & external stakeholders; from negotiations through execution to ensure successful long term partnerships.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while actively leading external and internal engagement (e.g. financial modeling, legal engagements, co-marketing, and appropriate stakeholder reporting) over a variety of business categories including commerce, digital media, mobile, advertising, and web services from inception to go-to-market.
- Explore new business verticals with a strategic mindset and then build strong relationships quickly across these verticals with external partners. This includes working backwards from both companies’ goals such as understanding the business needs, visions, and strategy of our new partners and the business units you will represent.
- Articulate sophisticated product vision and strategies to both internal and external partners by providing relevant insights to internal teams based on customer feedback and data analysis.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Development, Start-ups, Consulting, or Private Equity
- Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity and proven ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Strong track record of top performance and generating new business
- Closed large and complex deals, including financial commitments
- Worked within a highly entrepreneurial environment (can-do attitude)
- Demonstrated creative thinking (deals & co-marketing) in conjunction with partner goals
- Travel expected
- Passion for gaming and/or Twitch communities
- Significant cross-border / international experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.