Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
You will be joining the team that is shaping the future of the Creator Experience on Twitch through exciting new products like Twitch Studio and Watch Parties, which includes transforming live eSports events and other premium broadcasts into high-quality multiplayer experiences. You will help us create the foundation that lets creators share high value content with their entire community. Our team is on the cutting edge of online entertainment and is changing the way people watch.
We are looking for a senior technology program owner who can drive complex cross-functional programs and has experience delivering scalable products with teams who own them end-to-end. The right person will have sound technical judgement and a passion for driving teams inside and outside the organization to deliver large-scale products that delight millions of creators and viewers around the globe.
- Own and drive process to plan, prioritize, and deliver new products, features, critical maintenance, or deprecating systems that are no longer needed. These efforts require you to work with multiple teams in and/or across product/engineering/design organizations.
- Streamline and/or eliminate excess process. Influence teams to decouple from dependencies and eliminate architecture problems that stifle innovation or cause user dissatisfaction, development collisions, and/or outages.
- Provide technical transparency through clear and concise summaries for the programs you own to a wide range of audiences including Directors and VPs. Foster a constructive dialogue, harmonize discordant views, and lead the resolution of contentious issues (build consensus).
- 5+ years of experience as a technical manager, program, developer lead, or equivalent
- Accountability for the overall strategy of complex programs that you successfully manage through all stages (from concept to delivery).
- A knack for being a simplifier. You judiciously add, refine, and remove procedures. By applying project management best practices, you increase the productivity and effectiveness of the teams you work with.
- An understanding of the architecture of the systems you work with (e.g., workflows, APIs, runtime characteristics, design limitations, and maintenance requirements). You influence team technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions. You are able to make a case for project priorities, resource allocation to achieve a desired business outcome, resolve an architecture deficiency, or unblock delivery.
- The uncanny ability to plan for the unexpected, making sure that systems (upstream and downstream) are not broken by changes related to the efforts you manage. You plan effectively to make sure projects deliver without wearing out key individuals and system maintainability (and ability to evolve) is not compromised.
- The experience to manage post-launch support plans (e.g. triage, issue/ticket management), run retrospectives/post-mortems. You look for opportunities to incorporate needed system quality and operational excellence improvements into project plans.
- Partnered with senior engineers, product managers, and other peers across organizations to deliver the right things with limited guidance.
- Actively developed others by mentoring your team on best practices.
- Experience with high-traffic consumer-facing applications
- Understanding of gaming, streaming, and online entertainment
- BS or MS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in software / web development
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.