Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Data is central to Twitch’s decision-making process, and analysts play a critical role in informing and evangelizing data-driven decision making across all of our operations. As a Data Analyst at Twitch, you will be responsible for leveling up the understanding and capabilities of stakeholders across your team, enabling them to make better decisions using available data.
As part of the Community Health team at Twitch, you will be on the ground floor with your team, shaping the way we build and refine operational processes, delivering formative insights about the health and safety of our communities, measuring the impact of product improvements and policy changes, and influencing future product design and strategy. In a typical week or month, you will be responsible for instrumentation, dashboard/report-building, metrics reviews, and ad hoc analysis. Your work will pave the way for high-quality, high-velocity decision-making that will lead to safer, more rewarding community interactions across the platform.
The ideal candidate combines proven analytical expertise, experience working with cross-functional product development teams, and a passion for shaping the future of community-driven entertainment. You’ll find a Requirements section below. If you meet all of these, then we encourage you to apply. If you meet most of them, and feel that you have a unique perspective or skill-set that can help us to design safer and more rewarding communities, then we encourage you to apply.t belongs to and the position that the candidate will report to))
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define and track team success metrics and make these available through ETL (extract/transform/load) pipelines and reporting dashboards.
- Contribute to data infrastructure, act as our team’s thought leader on best practices for managing data, and contribute towards a long-term vision of sustainable and thriving data processes.
- Partner across Community Science to develop foundational analyses about how to measure and improve the health and safety of communities across our platform.
- Design and evaluate A/B tests and experiments to determine the effectiveness of front-end product improvements and algorithmic machine learning systems.
- Maintain a culture of high-quality output and exceptional engagement with stakeholders. Effectively communicate at all levels, ensure that work gets done well and on time, respond effectively to ad hoc requests and unexpected obstacles, and reallocate resources as necessary.
- 2+ years of industry experience as a data analyst or in a related role, preferably in the consumer internet or gaming space, or working with a high-velocity, high-growth product / business.
- Expert SQL skills -- ability to work adeptly with and contribute to Twitch’s data infrastructure.
- Fluency in data analysis and communication, including defining a metrics strategy, conducting exploratory data analysis, and crafting data-driven reports and visualizations.
- Experience building aggregates, optimizing data workstreams, maintaining data pipelines, and working with AWS infrastructure.
- Comfort working independently, prioritizing projects, and managing stakeholder expectations across teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort working with potentially sensitive and/or disturbing content.
- Eagerness to shape the development of a growing team and contribute to the design of novel products that shape the community experience for millions of viewers and creators.
- Strong familiarity with Twitch, our creators, and our community.
- Masters degree (preferred, but not required).
- Fluency in statistical analysis and programming using Python, R, or similar tools.
- Familiarity with NLP techniques (e.g. topic modeling, sentiment analysis), particularly involving text corpora composed of short, unstructured text.
- Prior experience building end-to-end pipelines for supporting experimentation with machine-learning systems (e.g. recommendations, spam & fraud detection, notifications).
- Prior experience working on a Trust & Safety or Community Health team.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.