Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is searching for an IT leader to increase and protect the company’s productivity through the use of technology. This leader has an action-oriented mindset and a focus on exceeding expectations, operating with vision and integrity. A person who understands customer obsession and wants to build a culture of customer first, partnerships across all boundaries, and has the desire to continually evolve the value of digitization and information technology. As a highly qualified and experienced leader you will be accountable for defining and delivering Information Technology strategy and capabilities across the enterprise. This includes business solutions, customer success (collaboration, service desk, production operations, and trade procurement), enterprise engineering, and enterprise architecture and solutions. Reporting to the CFO, the IT leader will be responsible for giving oversight and direction to Information Technology and business leaders on strategy, standards, and opportunities for shared services and economies of scale.
This position is a key contributor to the company’s strategy and planning process and will be accountable for operations, technology and digital innovation. It is critical for the leader to build strong and productive relationships with all business leaders, acting as a true partner and making IT a business enabler. Twitch Information Technology supports more than 1600 employees globally and is currently made up of 40 full-time personnel including 7 people managers. Additionally, Twitch IT employs contractors used for burst labor to meet objectives.
The ideal candidate has the vision of what could be; exceptional leadership, communication and project skills, years’ of people management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others.
- Create a strategic Information Technology vision for Twitch that supports our business objectives, and can execute on that vision.
- Partner with executive teams to define business and system requirements for new technology initiatives. .
- Build strong technology vendor partnerships, and be able to oversee multiple vendor relationships to ensure the best performance and financial return.
- Leverage and maintain a deep knowledge on a broad range of vendor technology solutions; and be able to select the most appropriate technologies to support the business
- Optimize and maintain appropriate IT organizational structure to support the needs of the global business, including balancing the compliment of in-house and outsourced IT services
- Prioritize and provide approvals and controls for projects across the organization as they relate to selection, acquisition, development, and implementation of major information systems.
- Review major hardware, software and maintenance acquisition contracts to pursue master agreements to capitalize economies of scale.
- Partner with InfoSec to implement comprehensive approaches to cybersecurity and risk management.
- Partner with Infosec and business leaders to ensure compliance with security standards, SOX, PII, etc.
- Drive the development and training of IT the organization to ensure appropriate skill sets are in place to align with Business Unit strategy needs, including succession planning for unique skills.
- Demonstrate experience with SaaS, cloud-based, and outsourced solutions through third-party providers.
- Experience designing and managing an effective governance framework across the spectrum of service delivery.
- 15+ years of career experience in technology, including a minimum of 8 leading service, engineering and technical demonstrated experience driving digital transformation and business growth through innovation and the implementation of technology.
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse leaders, communicate a vision and strategy and build consensus
- Experience leading complex, major change initiatives; demonstrated skills in change management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written; able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- gram management teams.
- 5+ years of experience of managing products, budgets and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners.
- Technology leadership experience in a global environment.
- Experience in establishing and communicating vision, plans, and status
- Results-oriented leader who values transparency and accountability
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can handle the unexpected with flexibility.
- Excellent negotiating skills with internal customers and external service providers.
- Experience leading an agile development organization.
- Demonstrated team building skills – be able to bring people together, hire, develop and motivate staff members, create appropriately challenging projects for team members, and instill a high sense of pride in the team’s accomplishments.
- Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven ability to build trust with others through a commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Experience in a Head of IT role or equivalent position is required.
- An advanced degree in a related field, such as computer science, engineering and/or business (MBA) or equivalent.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.