Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We're looking for a Head of Finance to lead our financial planning and analysis function responsible for all planning processes, investment decision analysis, and development of business insights. The position reports to the CFO. Our team’s mission is to partner and plan with the business to drive the right decisions through actionable insights/analysis. This team leads the annual financial planning, forecast, business/strategic decision supports, and management reporting. This includes annual plan, quarterly/annual forecast, long range planning, management reporting, opex and headcount planning, and support for business development, product, marketing and sales finance.
You will have the opportunity to not only influence the forward-looking vision of the business, but also help responsibly grow the business through advanced financial modeling and development of business cases for strategic growth opportunities. The ideal candidate is a strong leader experienced building and growing teams and passionate about fostering strong business partner relationships. This role will develop close relationships with the business teams (product, engineering, content, marketing, sales, business development, etc.) in helping to guide business strategy/initiatives. It will also partner with Accounting, Tax, Fin Tech, Strategy, International Operations, and IT, all functions reporting into the CFO. As a subsidiary of Amazon, this leader will work closely with the Amazon finance teams on planning and executive reviews.
- Lead a global team of 20+ employees including hiring, mentoring, and providing clear direction on strategy, goals and development
- Inspire an effective, deeply motivated and collaborative team, focusing on the continuous development and growth of the capabilities and performance of team members
- Highly cross functional, requiring proactive involvement of the finance team in business strategy and decision
- Guide investments by leading strategic cost-benefit analysis (including Return on investment, LTV and other similar financial models)
- Oversee the development/improvement of complex forecasting models and provide coaching to team
- Exhibit the ability to understand/adapt to new business models; demonstrate intellectual curiosity, accelerated learning and ability to identify relevant insights. Understand the industry and the business to achieve relevant insights
- Improve the forecasting accuracy and process through new analytics, increased automation and process optimization.
- Help the company effectively and efficiently allocate financial resources and make sound decisions to support growth while mitigating risk exposure
- Effectively communicate, to different audiences across the company, Twitch’s financial strategy and priorities along with rationale supporting decisions to grow profitably.
- Partner with the CFO to build and develop the broader Finance team into a world-class organization
- 15+ years experience leading a finance function including global experience and people management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting; MBA a plus
- Mix of experience across large publicly-traded and smaller, high-growth companies; ideal candidate will have held progressively senior FP&A or Divisional CFO type roles and may have previously held a VP, Finance or CFO for a smaller company
- Experience in tech/media, marketplace, or consumer technology industries
- Inspiring leader with experience recruiting, coaching, mentoring and developing team members
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment with lots of ambiguity and opportunity to influence
- Track record of close partnership with C-suite/senior level executives, influencing business
- Able to see around corners and anticipate future business scenarios, enabling the company to plan for, and invest in, future growth wisely
- Experience working cross-functionally, both inside and outside of Finance, to collaboratively develop budgets/plans and promote financial discipline
- Extensive experience aligning investment of resources against a company's business strategy and objectives
- Proficient with return on investment analysis (IRR, NPV, LTV/CAC, cohort analysis)
- Ability to translate complex business operating models and operational indicators into financial performance
- Experience with scale and global complexity, as well as experience supporting new business models and ancillary revenue streams.
- Self-starter who brings ideas, creativity and solutions to the table.
- Excellent business partnering skills with ability to work collaboratively
- Solid knowledge of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow and GAAP principles
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with experience partnering with data analytics
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal) and partnership skills
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.