Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. We are looking for passionate applied scientists who are excited to solve challenging and open-ended problems in the creation of automated safety products. As an applied scientist on Twitch’s Trust & Safety team, you will help us better understand user behaviors and various types of user-generated content. You will be developing next-generation intelligent products using state of the art ML models with an outstanding engineering team. You will help ensure that creators and viewers on Twitch can build thriving communities by eliminating negative interactions (harassment, inappropriate content, etc).
At Twitch, which is part of Amazon, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment in the heart of San Francisco, while leveraging the resources of Amazon. You will be a member of the broader Twitch applied science community which includes outstanding scientists across multiple disciplines.
- Work closely with the Trust & Safety engineering and product management team to create flexible data pipelines and ML based services for safety products
- Research, prototype, develop and productionize creative ML techniques to reduce negative interactions and contribute to the business
- Stay up to date with the state-of-the-art ML research
- Continuously experiment with new techniques in order to keep pushing the boundaries of what is possible to keep users safe on Twitch
- PhD in CS, Math, Stats or equivalent hands on experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- 3+ years of experience building NLP or deep learning models in large-scale production environments
- 3+ years experience in a general purpose programming language: Go, C/C++, Python, Java, etc
- PhD with specialization in ML / NLP
- Hands-on experience developing Deep Learning algorithms and experience using Deep Learning libraries such as TensorFlow, MxNet, PyTorch, etc.
- Proven experience with Natural Language Processing using Deep Learning in areas such as Word/Sentence Embeddings, Topic Detection, Sentence/Document Classification, Sentiment Analysis, Named Entity Recognition, etc
- Strong software development skills
- Familiarity with AWS services
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.