Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Design Director, Motion & Video is responsible for managing a small but heavyweight team and is a critical element of the Twitch brand creative team.
You will be responsible for leading and developing the vision for how the brand comes to life through motion and video, across marketing, experiential, live events and owned and programmed content. Your work will amplify our narrative, inspire our community while promoting our platform and products.
You will report directly to the Global Executive Creative Director while interfacing closely with the Creative team, marketing, community, and partnerships teams to conceptualize and develop compelling video and assets.
- Lead and build team of remarkable motion designers and editors.
- Evolve a dynamic, in-motion brand.
- Propose solutions/concepts with rough sketches, storyboards, or mood-boards.
- Contribute to the creative direction of brand campaigns, new product launches and planned marketing projects.
- Design and edit video pieces that strongly communicate product brand narrative, goals and concepts.
- Produce animated graphics packages for large-scale client and partner productions.
- Work with important partners to ensure quality/complete raw footage.
- Provide high-quality assets in multiple formats depending on expected consumption.
- Work with internal and external clients while managing complex projects.
- 7+ years of motion design/ art direction experience.
- 4+ years experience team lead and management experience.
- Demonstration of thoughtful work that breaks-through and permeates culture.
- Modern and expressive motion graphics portfolio with a deep understanding of, and experience in branding, graphic design, layout, color theory and strong typography in digital media.
- Adobe Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
- Knowledge of modern video editing, delivery and compression techniques.
- Excel in a team environment, ability to build/maintain positive relationships through strong collaboration efforts.
- 3D modeling and animation
- Audio editing and production
- Video production (writing, directing, cinematography)
- Design/Agency/VFX/Advertising or Studio background
- General Video Games Knowledge
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.