Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The Twitch Video Platform is one of the largest live video distribution networks in the world and has a growing VOD delivery system. We drive the cutting edge of video technology by investing in next-generation video codecs, reducing latency, and improving QoS. We also need to build our video platform to be more efficient, reliable, and responsive to meet the expectations of an AWS service.
As a technical program manager for the Video Platform, you will drive both strategy and tactical decision-making to deliver complex cross-team programs. You will report to the Director of TPM and work closely with the other Video TPMs. You will need to work closely with engineering to deliver on important technical projects such as a dynamic real-time reservation system for video bandwidth or estimating system capacity utilization of millions of viewers. You will use deep technical and program management leadership expertise to effectively execute all stages of the development lifecycle, from conception and planning through execution, deployment, and support.
- Define the roadmap for our video platform offering
- Work closely with engineering, product management, marketing, legal, etc. to drive the video platform
- Create alignment with AWS and Twitch business and technical leadership through both verbal and written communication
- 7+ years of PM / TPM experience.
- A proven track record of shipping quality products at scale.
- Experience resolving conflict smoothly and without formal authority.
- Solid ability to proactively identify and mitigate risk with senior leadership.
- Prior experience in video or distributed systems at scale is a major plus, but not an absolute requirement.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.