Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a passionate addition to our international Safety Operations team. Twitch Safety Operations Specialists are the core of our efforts to keep Twitch a welcoming and safe place for people to build communities. Alongside other Specialists around the world, you’ll be an essential element of Trust and Safety’s efforts to foster a thriving, creative Twitch community.
Effective written and verbal communication skills in English and Korean are essential. That’s in addition to the qualities of professionalism, initiative, and sound decision making we look for in all Admin candidates.
- Evaluate and action on user reports of Twitch policy violations quickly and effectively
- Process copyright infringement notices and take down infringing content
- Moderate channels for special events or promoted content
- Thoughtfully works through user account suspension appeals for users across spoken languages
- Quickly act on sensitive community issues
- Maintain expert understanding of Twitch’s policies, site features, and internal documentation
- Contribute your insight and skills to the Safety Operations & regional teams to support Twitch’s global community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Korean
- 2+ years relevant professional or amateur experience as a community manager, moderator, or content reviewer in online communities or digital/social media
- Emotionally intelligent and resilient to offensive or disturbing behavior, language, and content
- Sensitive to diverse cultural needs and viewpoints
- Can evaluate information and quickly draw conclusions based on an existing framework
- Ability to multi-task and monitor several information flows simultaneously
- Organized and detail oriented but can still think critically about higher level goals
- Knowledge of local internet slang and colloquialisms
- Additional language fluency
- Deep familiarity with Twitch, streaming, and internet culture
- Proficient with Twitch chat bots
- Familiarity with Google Docs and content or community management tools
- Private Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, Pension Plan, Maternity & Parental Leave, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Commuter Benefits, Amazon Employee Discount, Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.), Lunch Served Five Times a Week, Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.