Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch’s community of broadcasters and viewers are at the heart of everything we build. As a Product Designer at Twitch, you will produce high-quality visual experiences which bring joy to our viewers and broadcasters. An ability to summarize product needs into functional, beautiful solutions will be paramount for achieving success.
We are looking for a thoughtful, empathetic, and creative designer that can own big projects. You are involved in every step of the process, from working with Product Managers to help establish the products we build to implementing your work with engineering. You practice good design and champion usability but most important of all, you bring a sense of character and fun into the design that connects with users.
As a designer for Viewer Experience, you will create experiences and patterns that shape how viewers experience Twitch, supporting our streamers success through designing meaningful shared experiences.
- Work on large-scale product features which affect shared spaces across the entire user experience
- Create compelling designs across Twitch to solve a myriad of product challenges
- Create customer-centric designs by using data, market analysis, partner feedback, and an understanding of our community
- Build relationships with designers throughout the company
- Help shape brainstorm sessions with product managers, engineers and designers
- Make watching video as a community a delightful experience
- 3+ years experience as a UX designer, product designer, or interaction designer
- 2+ years of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with engineers on design implementation
- Experience designing web applications or features, preferably work shipped to many users
- Analyze and critically assess your design decisions
- You are a visual designer with the ability to guide users and simplify interactions
- HTML/CSS/SASS/SCSS skills.
- History of personally acquiring user data (e.g. conducting usability studies, performing user research) is a big plus
- A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related UX degree
- Used Figma and Principle
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.