Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch’s social channels are a reflection of our vibrant brand, colorful creators and communities, and unique sense of humor. They’re one of the main ways we keep our communities informed on what we’re building and what’s happening at and on Twitch. They’re also essential to ensure we understand what our community is talking about and what matters to them.
As the Director of Social Media you will help set the vision, shape the strategy, and oversee execution across Twitch’s social media channels, current and new. You will manage a small team that works with nearly every department at Twitch and will manage our agency partners. You’ll help establish goals and processes to ensure content is fresh and engaging not just to our current fans but future fans too.
You have experience managing a team, foster an environment of creativity and encourage experimentation, and you're passionate about the creators and communities on Twitch. You can operate at a strategic level, setting vision and getting agreement among partners, and at the tactical level, ready to take the controls yourself when needed. While you have a good eye for creative and copy, you are informed by the numbers too. You bring verve to your projects and gain the trust of partners easily.
The Director of Social Media will report into the Head of Communications and work from Twitch’s headquarters in San Francisco.
- Develop a new, transformative vision of the Twitch Social Media team
- Have experience with social media services around the world and have developed strategies unique to each (in particular Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok)
- Ensure programs and content map to Twitch's brand strategy and reflect brand tone and voice
- Work in partnership with numerous teams to understand their needs and work with your team to provide compelling creative and campaigns that help support their goals
- Set and report performance metrics that help guide the social team and improve performance, and allow internal partners to better understand how their campaigns/content performed
- Work with partners in EMEA and APAC to develop global plans that support Twitch’s target markets
- Develop the team’s infrastructure (processes, technology) to support the their daily activities, and build a solid foundation for future work
- Mentor and motivate the social team in a way to encourage personal and professional growth
- Manage external agencies
- 7+ years’ experience working in online communities social media, digital marketing, or equivalent
- Experience writing compelling copy
- Experience overseeing projects from kickoff to execution
- Familiarity with social media analysis and reporting and using tools such as Spiketrap and Sprout Social.
- Experience working with in-house and agency creative production teams and a strong understanding of balancing the art and science of digital marketing and communications
- Experience leading with influence and working with C-suite executives
- Up-to-date knowledge of news and current events and are interested in pop- and gaming- culture
- In-depth knowledge of Twitch and its community a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, and more.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.